to educate for lifelong learning: to prepare learners for the challenges they will face in life and to become tomorrow’s leaders in an ever-changing world.
to provide a unique, balanced curriculum aimed at the attainment of unrivalled excellence that lays the foundation for meeting our vision.
Our Core Values:
- Confidence in our ability
- Excellence in education
- Responsibility to ourselves and others
The Goals of The Star College Girls High in Durban:
- To provide an excellent, broad and balanced education, following and complementing the South African National Curriculum, for English speaking students in Durban.
- To recruit and retain excellent teachers.
- To ensure that all children are provided with the resources and opportunity to learn and develop to the best of their ability.
- To promote the simple rules of good behaviour, mutual respect and tolerance for others.
- To provide safe, well-maintained, stimulating and enjoyable facilities that allow the School to realise its goals and its purpose.
- To provide a comprehensive range of extra-curricular activities to assist with the learning, development and fulfilment of pupils.
- To enrich the curriculum with the provision of opportunities to study the culture, history and language of South Africa.
- To operate the School on a sound financial and legal basis and in accordance with the best governance standards.